International Association of Emergency Managers
IAEM brings together emergency managers and disaster response professionals from all levels of government, as well as the military, the private sector and volunteer organizations around the world. The purpose of IAEM is to serve the emergency manager by:
- Encouraging the development of disaster resistant communities to reduce the effect of disasters on life and property.
- Providing a forum for creative and innovative problem solving on emergency management issues.
- Maintaining and expanding standards for emergency management programs and professionals.
- Fostering informed decision-making on public policy in the emergency management arena.
- Acting as a clearinghouse for information on comprehensive management issues.